Authors: Collegian Staff

A 19-year-old man is at Poudre Valley Hospital after being shot Tuesday morning and an 8-year-old is safe after an attempted kidnapping Monday night. Suspects in both cases are still at-large.

Howard Lambert Jr., a resident of Fort Collins, was shot in the leg and abdominal area in the parking lot of the Four Seasons apartment complex, 1020 Wabash St., at approximately 1:44 a.m. Tuesday. The victim was transported to Poudre Valley Hospital where he was taken to surgery. Officials at PVH said Tuesday there was a shooting victim in serious condition at the hospital.

Fort Collins Police Services responded to calls shortly after the shooting, said Rita Davis, FCPS spokesperson. Upon arrival, the suspects in the shooting had fled. However, the two suspects were seen leaving the scene in a red 1980’s Honda Prelude. The car has in-transit license plate, the right rear taillight is broken and was last seen traveling eastbound on West Horsetooth Road.

The suspects are only described at this time by Davis as two black males in their 20s. One suspect is known by FCPS but the name is not being released because he is not yet in custody, Davis said.

Anyone with information in this case is asked to call FCPS Detective Kristy Volesky at 221-6116.

In an unrelated incident, two adult males attempted to coax an 8-year-old boy into their car in the area of the 400 block of South Court Street at approximately 7:50 p.m. Monday. Larimer County Sheriff’s Deputies responded shortly after the incident, said Eloise Campanella, LCSD spokesperson.

The driver of the car is described as a Hispanic male in his mid- to late-20s, with black hair, mustache and white tee shirt. The passenger is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 60 years old, with black hair, mustache and goatee with a wrinkled face. Both suspects remain at-large.

The suspects fled the scene in a red, late-90s model Mitsubishi four-door in good condition with a glittery rear window. Campanella said the boy immediately told his father about the situation because of what he learned in school. The boy’s father was able to describe the suspects and the car to LCSD.

Anyone with information in this case is asked to call the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office at 416-1985.