Authors: Kyle Endres

Students looking for information about clubs and organizations had an opportunity to do just that on Wednesday in the Lory Student Center Plaza.

About 100 clubs and organizations set up tables offering students a chance to ask questions and receive information about the groups.

“I think Centertainment is a good time and opportunity to inform our college community about all the student organizations at CSU,” said Rori Robinson, who does public relations for the Black Student Alliance. “Today is a good time for (students) to get any info they need or ask any questions they want about our organization.”

Many tables offered food or candy to visitors. Representatives also had business cards and flyers available for students.

“I think (Centertainment) is informative, especially for freshmen,” said Lindsay Soukup, a sophomore computer science major. “And I like all the giveaways.”

Most organizations appreciated the opportunity to spread the word about their group.

“Centertainment is a really good idea because there are a lot of organizations on campus that people don’t know about,” said Mike Santos, representative for the Resident Ramblings, an a cappella group at CSU. “It really helps the smaller organizations because it gets their name out.”

Anne Thompson, career counselor at the Career Center, also appreciated the chance to inform students about her organization.

“I think it’s a great opportunity to reach a lot of students,” Thompson said. “It’s a chance for us to have more visibility with the students when we normally don’t get visibility in our building.”

Centertainment, which was part of the Lory Student Center’s week-long 40th anniversary celebration, lasted from 10 p.m. to 3 p.m. and drew large crowds.

“I think (Centertainment) is a good idea,” said Heather Somerville, a freshman English and technical journalism major. “It’s a good way to find information on clubs and meet people.”