Matrixx to host

Authors: Phil Davidson

Hermits beware. Party Around Town Productions and Scene Magazine are staging the “World’s Largest College Party” this Saturday at 10 a.m. The brainchild of CSU students Jeremy Ostermiller and J.J. Walker, the party is expecting 10,000 or so attendees over the two-day event. Weather permitting, this could be the largest party to ever hit Northern Colorado.

“We got bored with the local scene so we decided to spice it up,” says Ostermiller, organizer and CEO of Party Around Town Productions.

This is the most ambitious production Party Around Town has put together since the company’s beginning in fall 2000. If all goes as planned, Ostermiller and Walker hope to make this an annual event.

The party will include attractions such as a mud wrestling competition, hot air balloon rides, ultimate fighting contests, a half-pipe competition, a bikini contest and a mechanical bull. Food will be provided by local eateries. A beer garden will be housing the products of sponsors like Budweiser, Coors, Corona and Smirnoff.

A portion of the proceeds will go to White Bird Productions, a Fort Collins non-profit organization that works to provide free concerts for under-privileged children. In addition to the circus-like events, six of Fort Collins’ up-and-coming bands will perform. Saturday’s lineup includes My Sick Friends, Hollow Body, and George’s August Brew. Sunday features performances by Bodhisattva, You Call That Art? and Delicious Hotdogs.

For those who plan on bringing their dancing shoes, 10 of Fort Collins’ featured DJs will be spinning records throughout the entire weekend. Everyone 18 and over is welcome. Tickets are $7 for one day and $12 for the whole weekend.

The party will take place behind the Matrixx Nightclub (450 Linden Center Drive), runs till 2 a.m. Sunday morning, then starts up again at 10 a.m. and ends at 2 a.m. Monday morning. Check out partyaroundtown.com for more details. n