Freshman Becky Sarauer, a middle blocker/outside hitter for the CSU women’s volleyball team, will represent the Rams at the 2002 NCAA FoundationLeadership Conference, May 26-30, at Disney’s Wide World of Sport’s Complex and Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

Sarauer, who is from Meadow Lake, Sask., helped CSU to a Mountain West Conference regular-season championship title and the Rams’ seventh consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance.

Sarauer was one of 1,183 nominations submitted by 296 member NCAA institutions. Senior defensive back Rhett Nelson of the CSU football team was named an alternate. Women’s golfer Mayumi Motoyama and track athlete Brian Trainor were also nominated to be conference participants.

FOOTBALL

The NFL Draft is this weekend and a handful of former Ram standouts could possibly find themselves picked up by a pro club: safety Jason Gallimore (5-foot-10, 200 lbs.), cornerback Justin Gallimore (5-10, 198), wide receiver Pete Rebstock (5-9, 182), defensive back Aaron Sprague (6- 2, 200) and offensive guard Broderick Lancaster (6-4, 315).

Last year, safety John Howell was picked up by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the Fourth Round with the 117th pick, and linebacker Rick Crowell went to the Miami Dolphins with the No. 188 pick in the sixth round.

Following the draft, the Bucs signed former CSU wide receiver Frank Rice and defensive lineman Mike McKenzie as free agents, while offensive lineman Tim Stuber went to the San Diego Chargers.

RAM JAM

CSU athletics will hold its largest community outreach event of the year when the annual Ram Jam Rally takes place Tuesday in Moby Arena.

For the seventh straight year, Ram Jam will mark the athletic department’s year-long community outreach program that sends student-athletes, coaches and staff members to local elementary and middle schools to serve as mentors and promote alcohol and drug awareness.

Ram Jam kicks off a 6 p.m. and includes free ice cream, popcorn and soda, in addition to a prize drawing. n