The CSU women’s tennis team will close out its regular season against the University of Colorado in Fort Collins Saturday.

The Rams bring in a 6-15 overall record and are hoping home court advantage will help them beat a solid CU team.

“It’ll definitely be nice not to have to travel,” said CSU head coach Jon Messick. “And maybe some fan support will be helpful ,too.”

This will be the only match played in Fort Collins for the entire season. It will also be the last regular season match for departing seniors Amanda Bartz, Bobbe Vasos and Catherine Sullivan-Sauvageau.

“It will probably be pretty sad on Saturday,” Bartz said. “Right now we’re not really thinking about it.”

The match will be played on the varsity tennis courts at 11:30 a.m. if the weather is nice. If it is too cold, the match will be moved to 3 p.m. at the Miramont Sports Center.

The Rams will travel to Provo, Utah, next Thursday to compete in the Mountain West Championship Tournament. They are the No. 7 seed and will face UNLV, the No. 2 seed, which CSU faced earlier this season when they were swept 7-0.

The Rams are guaranteed two matches in the tournament. Depending on the results of the first round matches, they will get a rematch from last week’s matches against either Air Force or New Mexico. n