It’s happening again.

Reoccurring fears of last summer taunt CSU females with haunting familiarity. Maybe it’s a fluke that all of these seem to be happening at the same time. Maybe they are connected, but either way students are scared, and they have a right to be.

However, perhaps just being scared isn’t enough. Students should be prepared as well.

When the assaults struck last summer, window locks sold out of the hardware stores like hotcakes but after months of silence, it’s easy to forget about those precautions. It’s easy to walk alone on warm nights or leave your window open. It’s easy to think that it can’t happen to you.

Please, don’t assume that lighted walkways automatically mean you’re fine walking across campus at night. Don’t assume that having other roommates in the house means you’re perfectly safe. It’s our duty to make sure that we’re protected and we’re as safe as we can make ourselves.

Campus and Fort Collins police are working hard to solve the problem, but they may need your help.

If you have any information on the recent attempted assault at Rams Pointe you can contact Detective Kim Cochran at Fort Collins Police Services at 221-6833. If you have information about the sexual assault at Westfall Hall on April 5, contact Lt. Carl Swenson of the CSU Police Department at 491-6425.

However, there are some other places you can turn to as well. If you’re walking around campus at night, wait the extra five minutes and let Campus Safe Walk escort you, you can reach them at 491-1155. Also the Victim’s Assistance Team provides a wide variety of resources. For sexual assault victims, call 491-6384 and for questions call 491-7111.