Author: Christian Zamora

[youtube]http://youtu.be/L0yP9UaSnJk[/youtube]

After persistent rumors of Jay Leno’s re-departure from “The Tonight Show,” the funnyman confirmed the reports himself early Wednesday.

Leno will be saying “goodbye,” for presumably the last time, after a 22-year run in spring 2014. Jimmy Fallon, currently in the time slot behind Leno on NBC, will be his official replacement.

There are no hard feelings between the pair however. “Congratulations Jimmy,” Leno said. “I hope you’re as lucky as me and hold on to the job until you’re the old guy. If you need me, I’ll be at the garage.”

The “Tonight” changes mean the show will be returning to its original home in 30 Rock in New York from Leno’s studio in Los Angeles.

This isn’t the first time Leno has left “Tonight” In fall 2009 after 17 years of hosting, Leno moved to prime time with “The Jay Leno Show.” After less than thriller ratings, NBC moved Leno back to “Tonight,” leaving his replacement, Conan O’Brien, without a job.

Fallon will be the newest comedian to join the all-star “Tonight Show” cast. Over the past 60 years, the production has housed legends like Steve Allen, Jack Paar and Johnny Carson.

Make sure to watch the hilarious video below of Fallon and Leno addressing the now confirmed rumors. Good luck Jimmy!

Enhanced by Zemanta