Author: Victoria Hawn
In addition to the plethora of baked goods during the holiday season, hard candy is becoming increasingly popular.
During this family-oriented part of year, it is only appropriate to share a family recipe. Â It is one that has been passed down generationally, and given out to neighbors to share the seasonal togetherness.
The recipe goes as follows:
3 cups ofÂ sugar
1 cup ofÂ Karo Light Corn Syrup
1 cupÂ of water
1 teaspoon of desired Lorann Flavoring oil with desired food coloring
- Pour powdered sugar into cooking sheet.
- Mix sugar, corn syrup, and water into large heavy saucepan.
- Boil the mixture in the sauce pan, without stirring, until temperature reaches 310 degrees Fahrenheit or until drops of syrup form hard and brittle threads in cold water.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in flavoring oil and food coloring to match flavor.Â For example, if you use spearmint flavoring, you might want to use green food coloring to distinguish flavors.
- Pour onto cooking sheet with powdered sugar on itÂ in thin lines.
- Let cool and break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.