Author: Victoria Hawn
The holiday season is about giving, and what better way to give than with a gift your friends will never forget?
White Elephant gift giving is a popular way to exchange inexpensive gifts with absolutely no sentimental value.
It’s an exchange where one might receive inappropriate things, like a thong when you’re a guy.Â Others might receive just plain weird things like a bathroom rug that turns red when wet.Â And still others might receive surprisingly functional things like a Chihuahua with molded insets in its back to hold one’s hard-shell tacos.
Here are just a few gag gift ideas (apart from the ones mentioned above) for the White Elephant season:
- Anything bacon related: bacon candy, bacon bandages, a pound of bacon, etc.
- A weird animal mask: unicorn, horse, rat, etc
- Stick on mustaches or beards
- Beer bottle wind-chimes
- Funny notepads
- Sock sandals (theyâ€™re socks that look like sandals)
- Facebook like and dislike stamps
- ‘Wait – was that slutty?’ Hand sanitizer
These are just a few ideas for white elephant gifts.Â If your creative juices aren’t flowing, you can go to the dollar store and pick up several random things that will make people’s faces distort into looks of confusion and wonder.Â Also, great gift ideas can be found on Pinterest or Stumbleupon by searching gag gifts, or at Urban Outfitters, on prankplace.com, or on mcphee.com.