Author: Cassandra Whelihan

Sparking dreams and igniting the crowd, Teton Gravity Productions new film, “The Dream Factory,” had the crowd on their feet with wintery anticipation. Highlighting America’s last frontier, Alaska’s true beauty was brought to life throughout the film.

The mystical awe of Alaska has lured pioneers for thousands of years. With not a soul insight, the message seems to be that the glory is not the gold, but rather the finding of the gold, and that’s exactly what Teton productions achieved.

Chuck McMahan, a true pioneer in unbridled exploration was responsible for the first ski airplane ride. Back in the eighties, when a helicopter ride was the price of a latte, $5, he helped pave the way for what lies just beyond the boundaries.

Limited only by their imaginations, Dream Factory successfully touched upon the progression the ski industry has undergone.

The riders’ ability to stand where no one has ever stood and to ski where no one has ever skied is a reality few people actually achieve in their lifetimes.

The attention to detail and story-like narrative has me convinced that everyone should partake in the unmatchable experience of solitude that Alaska has to offer.

One thing I did find puzzling was the lack of ladies with Angel Collinson being the only female featured.

Regardless, the snow-goers in this film show you what it means to be dedicated to pursuing the best days you can think of in an annual migration to Alaska.

The soundtrack left me longing in anticipation to hit the slopes. Leaving me wanting more, I give this film an A+ for electrifying the crowd.

If you’re looking to get gassed for the season, I definitely recommend this one.

Check it out:the-dream-factory