Author: Sophie Vukovich

Fall in CSU

Fall in CSU (Photo credit: Hijeje)

As of September 22nd, we have officially entered the fall season. The clock is ticking and we now only have 89 more days to celebrate all things autumn.

I, like many other CSU students, claim the dominance of Fort Collins over, well the world really, and yet upon my search for fall-specific activities I learned that there is so much about this city that I don’t know. And what I learned made it even more awesome.

The City of Fort Collins has a full schedule of all upcoming activities, but if you recognize that time is running out, as I have, see the particularly inviting events I have highlighted below:

Granted, some of my findings could be considered more family or child oriented. However, after one (or three and a designated driver) of New Belgium’s seasonal Red Hoptober, you will feel right at home. New Belgium describes it as, “A cupful of sweet fig, tropical fruit, toffee, roasted nuts and hoppy bitterness. None of which overwhelm, they simply meet in the middle to attempt balance.”

There are a handful of farms with mazes, pumpkin patches, and hayrides throughout the city this time of year. Some of these farms offer even more attractions. If the fall season brings excitement through fear for you, Fear @ the Farm is where you want to be. This new attraction at Something From the Farm is starting September 28th. This fear includes a haunted maze and haunted hayride. Though I dare not underestimate the gripping fear within and around hayrides, this may fall into the ‘family-oriented category.’ Along with the previously mentioned attractions, there is Outlawz BBQ on the weekends. Sounds delishiz. For a more detailed schedule click here.

Harvest Farm Fall Festival adds even more fun attractions to the usual pumpkin patch and corn maze by including a petting zoo, corn cannons, pumpkin smash, roping steers, and many more. I don’t care how old you are, these things are fun. They also offer full service concession areas. Click here for more dates and other information.

The Northern Colorado Corn Maze  similarly offers the maze, patch, and petting zoo but includes many other unique attractions. The giant catapult, corn chuckers, inflatable castles, and pedal car race are just a few. However to any respectably pinterest addict, it is their seasonal decoration attraction that is most unique. If you are looking to decorate your home with the season and have a good time while doing it, go to this maze. Click here for prices and dates.

Aside from farms, Fort Collins contributes to the season in Old Town with horse and carriage rides. And as things cool down, there will be an ice skating rink that opens November 9th. Gentlemen, if you want a lady to fall for you, these aren’t bad date ideas.

If the farms or downtown don’t give you fall fever, the Monster Bash is what you need. Sunday, October 28th will be a night of live music, dancing, and costume contests. And if that’s not enough, an entrance fee of $25 includes two free beers and a free late night buffet. ‘Free’ is used loosely here but either way, need I say more?

Happy autumn, Fort Collins! Comment and let us  know what your favorite fall festivities or activities are!

Tune in to CTV11 Tuesday, September 25th for more fun fall information.