Authors: The Rocky Mountain Collegian Photo Staff

It’s that time again, everyone. The library is filling up and, walking through campus, it’s easy to see the stressed, haggard, anxiety-ridden students who are starting to realize that dead week is coming to a close – that is, if their “dead” week ever really started.

Courses are wrapping up, and almost every remaining class is entirely dedicated to final reviews. Unless you’re a real idiot, you know final reviews mean one thing — exams are on the horizon, taunting us with their 7 a.m. time slots and “three to five” essay questions.

But, there’s hope. There’s always hope during finals week, mainly because it ends and allows you to come out the other end weary, but stronger and deserving of a stiff drink (or if you’re under 21, a good day’s sleep).

Finals week is the culmination of all your hard work throughout the semester. And, while it has the power to make or break you, it always ends up teaching you a lot more than most expect or want.

Sometimes you learn to not start studying the night before. Sometimes you learn to set two alarms in the morning. And sometimes you just learn, which is, after all, why we’re here in the first place.

So don’t fret, fellow Rams. Keep plugging away this weekend and next week. There is always a light at the end of the seemingly endless finals tunnel. And once it’s over, you’ll feel something besides the stinging pain from your tired eyelids or throbbing head – you’ll feel a sense of accomplishment.

Hang in there, CSU. And remember the two alarms. Always set two alarms.