Authors: Jason Pohl

A life-sized stuffed replica of Colorado State University’s legendary CAM the Ram mascot has gone missing from the CSU Admissions Office, leaving community members baffled and police seeking any information leading to the campus icon’s whereabouts.

The plush statue is valued at approximately $4,000 and was reported stolen from Ammons Hall on April 3, according to a police report. The report indicates an employee from the office arrived at work and noticed the statue was missing, prompting her to call the police.

Police say it was probably stolen between 4:45 p.m. the previous evening and 8 a.m. the following day.

The ram was similar to a traditional stuffed animal toy, only with higher quality materials –– a rarity that contributed to the steep price tag.

There are no leads in the case.

“While we can certainly appreciate any Ram fan’s desire to have a life-sized stuffed ram in their living room, this –– unfortunately –– also amounts to felony theft,” said CSU spokesman Mike Hooker in an email to the Collegian.

He urged anyone with insight into CAM’s hideout to contact the CSU Police Department at (970) 491-6425 and “help bring the stuffed ram back to its home in Ammons Hall.”

Senior Reporter Jason Pohl can be reached at news@collegian.com.

Campus Voice:

If you were a stuffed Ram, where would you hide?

Tyler Smith, sophomore, wildlife biology
“Does the statue have parents? Because I would totally want to hide in their basement.”

Julianne Mikula, senior, environmental communications
“I would go find a herd of big horned sheep and hang out with them.”

Russell King, senior, environmental sociology with a minor in business
“I would hide at that statue garden east of Fort Collins. That’s for sure where I’d go.”