Our View: Ride on, Rams

Authors: The Rocky Mountain Collegian Editorial Board

It’s been more than two months since the late-night bus hit Old Town, offering bar and restaurant goers a new –– and affordable –– way to get home between 11:30 p.m. and 2:30 a.m.

And, according to a recent report from Transport, the two routes have had a successful start, transporting approximately 3,743 people more than 18 nights of operation.

While the program would have obviously been impossible without Fort Collins Police Services funding and Associated Students of CSU student fees, its success is mainly due to you: The students and Fort Collins residents who take advantage of this service every weekend.

Now, it’s time to make sure it continues.

Even if the program stays on track like it’s expected to, the buses’ one-year trial will end early next year, leaving questions about long-term funding.

As CSU students, we’re incredibly lucky to have the safe-ride program that we do. And while RamRide is a worthy option when you’re a strapped for a ride, this bus gives older students who frequent the bars something reliable and constant that RamRide sometimes can’t.

That’s why it’s important for people to keep this success going. Keep riding the bus. And if you have positive feedback to give about the program, make sure you give it –– whether that be to the city, FCPS or ASCSU.

Make sure people know about what an invaluable resource this is and, with your help and input, it may still be around for those to enjoy even after you’ve left Fort Collins.