Authors: Erin Browne (DJ EZ-B)

Fort Collins is a local music mecca with bands spilling out of every nook and cranny of this Northern Colorado city. The best part is that the talented musicians in these bands surround us every day. They are the girl sitting next to you in your 9 a.m. statistics lecture, or the guy making the latte you need to make it to your 9 a.m. statistics lecture. Fort Collins is not lacking with music-related activities, especially on the weekends, making it incredibly easy to support these local bands and discover new favorites you may have never heard before. With the Fort Collins Music Experience, or FoCoMX, coming up next month, now is a good time to get familiar with the local talent.

Friday, local five-piece Arliss Nancy celebrates the release of their album “Simple Machines” with a show at Road 34. For only $5, you can hear new tracks from Arliss Nancy, as well as check out local artists Chad Price and The Piggies who are offering support. The band Arliss Nancy describes itself as alternative country/rock/punk, a sound that offers a little something for everyone. The Piggies round out the alternative rock sound with their three-piece that is well-known as the backing band for Cracker co-founder Johnny Hickman. Solo artist Chad Price, previously known for being a member of Drag The River with Jon Snodgrass, makes this a show that should not be missed.

Arliss Nancy is made up of Cory Call on guitar and vocals, Diesel J on drums, Chris Love on keys, GB Oppold on Bass and Jason Larson on guitar. While the band is made up of five people, they stress that it is a collaborative effort, and for them it is all about the music. Their new album “Simple Machines” is a follow-up to their 2010 release “Truck Stop Roses,” which likened them to bands like The Gaslight Anthem and The Replacements.

Following their record release show on Friday, Arliss Nancy will leave for a West Coast tour starting in Salt Lake City on April 11 and ending in Colorado Springs on April 22. The tour is with Michael Dean Darmon and also includes shows in Fort Collins and Denver on April 20 and 21, respectively. All information can be found on their Facebook page.

The show at Road 34 is 21 and older, and admission is $5. Arliss Nancy can be heard on 90.5 KCSU.

Erin Browne is KCSU’s promotions director. She can be reached at verve@collegian.com.

What: Arliss Nancy with Chad Price and The Piggies
Where: Road 34
When: 9 p.m. Friday
Cost: $5
More Information: www.road34.com