Our view: Dream on, CSU

Authors: The Rocky Mountain Collegian Editorial Board

People lose sight of their aspirations far too often. And even if they don’t, life has a funny way of changing dreams into shells of their former selves.

Instead of seeing the Great Wall of China or saving a life, many people might just be hoping to get a paid summer internship or be able to pay for all of their car repairs.

But, with a little help from the members of MTV’s show “The Buried Life,” CSU students hopefully got a refresher course Tuesday in the importance of following your dreams.

The four cast members spoke in the main ballroom yesterday as part of the Verizon Wireless “What do you want to do before you graduate” contest, which involved students posting photos to the competition’s website with captions detailing something they wanted to do before the end of their college career.

And, while the “Buried Life” guys will help one lucky student get their wish granted, we hope their campus stop will affect more people than just the contest winner. Think about it –– these guys started off in a garage brainstorming their bucket list.

Now, they’re traveling the country crossing off goals while also helping strangers achieve theirs. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to us.

Follow in their shadow. Do something you’ve always wanted. Never seen the ocean? Hop in your car and drive to the coast. Are you still in love with that girl from your freshman biology class? Shoot her a text.

Don’t grow old without ever enjoying your youth. Take that risk, live your life and always remember to keep dreaming.