Drink up with Erin Udell

Authors: Erin Udell

If there’s one thing I love to do, it’s eat.

Three meals a day? Nope! Just ask my friends and roommates.

And if you think washing a slice of pizza down with a sandwich is wrong, well ,I don’t want to be right.

Is this practice a little flawed? Yes. Am I going to be obese one day? Definitely. But,for the life of me, I can’t stand healthy food; it’s against my nature.

Case in point, Greg and I went to a delightful restaurant called Tasty Harmony on Wednesday afternoon. They had a full menu of raw, vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free options. But, honestly, nothing appealed to me.

Since we were trying to investigate healthy food for our faithful readers, however, I decided to swallow my pride — and a “wellness shot,” a four-ounce drink made up of lemon, ginger, parsley, celery and cayenne pepper.

After the first few sips, I felt great. The shot tasted fresh —until I got to the point where my lips were burning from the pepper sprinkled on top. And though I had to choke down the rest of the concoction as Greg looked on in wonder with his camera phone locked on me, I knew the point of this wasn’t taste.

It was all about being good to your body and giving it something other than McDonald’s hot fudge sundaes and three-pound Lebanese meat plates from the Middle Eastern restaurant across from my apartment building.

I understand the need to be healthy every once in a while, and thanks to Tasty Harmony, I got be — at least once.