“The Kafka Project” by Walt Jones features six major works, diary entries and letters written by Franz Kafka, an insurance salesman from Prague whose work wasn’t published until after his death.

After being shown last December and January, the show is playing at the University Center for the Arts at 7:30 p.m. this Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the last time. Tickets are $9 for students and $18 for the general public.

The six pieces featured in the show include a man starving himself to death, an ape who tells a group of scientists why he decided to become a man, and a torture and execution device that carves the sentence of the condemned prisoner on his skin in a script before letting him die.

The main event of the evening is “Metamorphosis,” the tale of Gregor Samsa, a traveling salesman, who wakes up one morning to find himself transformed into a bug.

“In this six-legged nightmare, … the actor playing Gregor scrambles over walls, over furniture and down banisters without the aid of wires or harnesses, the wrenching sense of a terrified creature being drained of life as he seems to defy gravity on the out-of-kilter set filled with cleverly disguised strategic grips, trompe l’oeil and trampoline flooring,” according to the event’s page on www.colostate.edu.