Authors: Kevin Lytle

The “Bold New Era” of CSU football is likely to start with a bold new look.

Coach Jim McElwain held a question and answer session with about 100 students Thursday night at the Indoor Practice Facility. And he broke the news of possible new jerseys.

“We are in the process of re-designing the uniforms,” McElwain said. “It’s not going to be any of this crazy, wacky stuff. I am excited for our Aggie Day uniforms.”

CSU is under contract for with Russell Athletic for another year, but McElwain made it sound like a change is possible after that.

“For whatever reason, there’s a lot of interest from a lot of different companies that want to be a part of this train,” McElwain said.

Before McElwain took the stage, Athletic Director Jack Graham talked to the crowd briefly and promised that the athletics department would invest in the student body, and that he hoped that would be reciprocated.

“We need you guys back,” Graham said. “We need you guys desperately.

McElwain challenged students to get five friends on board, and have those five get five more as they try to grow the brand.

As for the type of football, McElwain said that the cupboard wasn’t bare of talent when he took over, and that his new signing class will help compliment the current players in creating a “physical, relentless” style of play.

The small crowd of students cheered when McElwain talked about beating up on CU-Boulder and applauded him as he left the stage.

“I’m really excited about it,” senior Tyler Cleaver said. “I think I’ve bought in 100 percent with everything Jack Graham has done and everything coach Mac has done.”

Assistant Sports Editor Kevin Lytle can be reached at sports@collegian.com.