After cutting his Florida campaign short, Texas congressman and presidential hopeful Ron Paul plans to begin his campaign across Colorado in our very own Lory Student Center.

Paul, who made a two-day campaign trip through Maine this past weekend, is set to speak for 15 minutes in the LSC Main Ballroom at 10 a.m. before leaving for a noon rally in Denver and a 2 p.m. speech in Colorado Springs, according to the Denver Post.

Since Paul’s campaign confirmed his visit on Jan. 26, the event has been sold out, said CSU student and member of Youth for Ron Paul, Matt Martinez.

“In regards to the reserve tickets they are all sold out at this point,” Martinez said in an email to the Collegian. “ … There will, however, be standing room for those who have not yet reserved a ticket.”

The main ballroom doors open at 9 a.m.

With the Colorado caucus on Feb. 7, a week away, candidate Rick Santourum is also set to speak in Lone Tree on Tuesday at the Lone Tree Golf Club Lounge.

“Dr. Paul’s engagement with supporters and undecided voters just a week in advance of the caucus promises to help us achieve a competitive showing,” said Matthew Holdridge, the campaign’s state director, in a Denver Post column written by Kurtis Lee.

As for engaging younger voters, Paul said, in a statement released by his campaign, that he’s looking forward to his stop at CSU.

“The young people are with me because they agree that it is time to bring our troops home, stop the out-of-control spending and get government out of the way so the private sector can create jobs,” Paul said.

For coverage of Paul’s visit to the university, look for Wednesday’s Collegian and visit www.collegian.com.