Authors: Collegian Staff Report

In wake of discussion regarding an on-campus stadium at Colorado State University, Pat Stryker, a prominent Fort Collins philanthropist and leader of the Bohemian Foundation, released a statement regarding her thoughts about the proposal.

“Although I realize the proposal to build an on-campus football stadium to replace Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium has led to a great deal of discussion and speculation over the past few days, CSU officials have reassured the CSU and Fort Collins community that they are committed to engaging in a thoughtful, deliberate and transparent process on the matter through the University’s newly-appointed advisory committee,” Stryker said.

“ Whether the Rams stay anchored at their current off-campus stadium or ultimately move to a new home on-campus, I look forward to cheering them on to victory and I have faith in the future success of the football program.”

Stryker, 55, donated $15.2 million dollars to CSU’s athletic department less than 10 years ago for renovations to Hughes Stadium, according to RamNation.com.

She is the granddaughter of Homer Styker, the founder of Stryker Corporation, a medical technology company, and according to Forbes, is the most liberal billionaire in the United States. She was awarded an honorary doctorate from CSU in Spring, 2011 for her philanthropic contributions to the university.