Authors: Jaime Pritchard

However you celebrate the holiday season, these petite delights are the perfect sweet treats! Try serving these dessert hors d’oeuvres at your family gathering or gifting them in a festive box to your foodie friend. Plus you can make these in your dorm — they’re bake-free!

Ingredients:

Two cups of butter, melted
One cup finely chopped pecans
1 ½ cup of crème de menthe chips
Four cups confectioners’ sugar
Two cups (12 ounces) semisweet
chocolate chips
Two teaspoons shortening

Instructions:

1. Fill a small saucepan ¾ full with water; heat on medium and bring to a boil. Quick tip: If you cannot easily access a stove (or if you live in the dorms), microwave the crème de menthe chips in a micro-safe bowl on 50 percent until melted, stirring frequently.

2. Then pour crème de menthe chips into a small metal or heat-safe plastic bowl and place in the saucepan so that it floats on the surface of boiling water. Watch carefully and stir frequently until the chips have melted into smooth liquid.

3. In a large bowl, combine melted butter, pecans and melted crème de menthe. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar. Cover and let sit in room temperature for one hour.

4. With hands lightly dusted with confectioners’ sugar, shape mixture into approximately one-inch balls. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.

5. Using same methods of heating described in step one, melt semisweet chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Then dip balls in chocolate mixture letting excess chocolate drip off.
Return to wax paper and chill until chocolate has hardened.

Makes 54 truffles