Top 10 Holiday Movies

Authors: Allison LeCain

There is no better way to get into the holiday spirit than with movies. They make you laugh, they make you cry and they go well with a warm mug of hot chocolate and a cozy blanket.So curl up on the couch and click on the TV. Let’s get the season rolling with the top 10 holiday movies according to Colorado State University students. Don’t forget the popcorn!

1. A Christmas Story: The adventures of little Ralphie, set in the 1940s, as he seeks to get the only Christmas present he has every wanted: an “official Red Ryder carbine-action, 200-shot range-model air rifle with a compass and this thing that tells time.”

2. Elf: When Buddy the Elf learns that he is actually a human, he sets out for New York City to find his real father to spend the holiday season with him.

3. It’s A Wonderful Life: George Bailey contemplates suicide on Christmas Eve, but a
guardian angel shows him what the world would be like if he had never been born.

4. A Charlie Brown Christmas: Depressed child Charlie Brown discovers the true meaning of Christmas while helping put together a holiday play.

5. Bad Santa: Willie T. Stokes moves around the country getting jobs as Santa Clause at malls in order to rob department stores, until he meets a young boy that changes his life.

6. The Nightmare Before Christmas: Jack Skellington, local resident of Halloween Town, discovers the wonder of Christmas Town and attempts to put on his own version of Christmas, stealing Santa Claus and all.

7. Frosty the Snowman: When a group of children put a magical hat on Frosty the
Snowman, he comes to life. But a magician tries to melt Frosty in pursuit of his hat.

8. White Christmas: Two former army men from World War II join together in a
song and dance act with two sisters as they perform a Christmas show in Vermont.

9. How the Grinch Stole Christmas: Whether watching the older animated version or the Jim Carey version, it tells the story of how the Grinch’s heart grew three sizes after attempting to steal Christmas from the Whos in the town of Whoville.

10. Mister Magoo’s Christmas Carol: The classic tale of the Christmas Carol is retold with
all the hilarious twists of Mister Magoo.