Halloween is a time for candy, costumes, scary movies and, letâ€™s face it, drinking!
The bartenders around town are pulling out all the stops to draw college guys and ghouls in to their bars Halloween weekend, concocting infused shots resembling zombie brains, dangerously delicious mixed drinks, and the seasonâ€™s finest pumpkin beers and ciders to satisfy every drinkerâ€™s needs.
Where can I find these, you ask? Hereâ€™s a list of the top 10 spooktacular spiked beverages you can find in Old Town:
1. Pumpkin Spice Vodka Shot– Organic pumpkin, bitters, fresh ground spices, brown sugar. Found at: Luscious Nectar
2. Bloody Zombie shot– â€œMysteryâ€ concoction of bartender McGruber; ominous dark color with blood-red cherry at the bottom! Found at: Drunken Monkey
3. Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat– Budweiserâ€™s orange-flavored wheat beer. Found at: Old Chicago
4. Frozen Apple Cider Lushie– Add any fused spirit for same price of other lushies. Found at: Luscious Nectar
5. The Monster Inside of Us– Cranberry orange juice fireball with Monster energy drink. Found at: Drunken Monkey
6. Scrumpey Cider– Spiked (7.1) cider made with Red, Golden Delicious, Jonathon & Gala apples. Found at: Coopersmithâ€™s Pub & Brewery.
7. Hoptober Golden Ale– New Belgiumâ€™s 5 hops, 4 malt ale; medium body; citrus, amber quality. Found: Everywhere!
8. Bloody Brain/Brain Hemorrhage shot– Peach liqueur, dabble of Trinity & Irish Cream on top. Found at: Old Chicago
9. Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale– Coorsâ€™ pumpkin pie-flavored amber ale. Found at: Old Chicago
10. Bloody Mary– Cocktail with vodka, tomato juice, spices. Found at: Most bars around town.
Ask for these sinful â€œpotionsâ€ before they fall away with the season!