Community Briefs 10/27/11

Authors: Collegian Staff Report

Diplomat appearing at CSU

The Society of Global Health Researchers will host Roger Dwayne Pierce tonight from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Lory Student Center Main Ballroom to discuss career opportunities in foreign agencies.
Pierce is currently serving as the foreign policy advisor with the U.S. Special Operations Command, and his previous post was as the ambassador to the Republic of Cape Verde.

For more information, visit career.colostate.edu.

New series going on display in Curfman Art Gallery

Artist Jamie Morrill’s series, “Transplant,” will go on display today in the Curfman Art Gallery, located on the first floor of the LSC near the Associated Students of CSU Senate Chambers.
An artist talk will kick-off the display at 5:30 p.m. in LSC room 213, with an opening reception following at 6:30 p.m. in the Curfman Gallery.

“Transplant” will run until Dec. 9, and students interested in helping with the installation of the exhibit should contact Doug Sink at doug.sink@colostate.edu.

CSU dancers perform in showcase

In its 24th year at CSU, the Student Dance Concert is set to begin tomorrow by showcasing the talents of university dance majors.

Seniors Erin Harner and Jenna Spengler, both dance students, were put in charge of producing this sememster’s showcase as well as choreographing and performing their own dances.

“The Student Dance Concert provides the students with a great opportunity to showcase their talent and develop their choreographic voice,” said Harner in a release on the university’s official website.

“It’s truly amazing to see what each student choreographer creates. We all work very hard and it is rewarding to share our work with the community.”

Sixteen dances will be featured in the show, which takes place in the University Dance Theater at the University Center for Arts. Shows begin on Friday night and go until Saturday. Ticket prices are $8 for CSU students, $8 for youth (ages 2-17) and $12 for adults.