Authors: Andrew Schaller

For the third consecutive match, Rams volleyball defeated a conference opponent in straight sets.

Thursday night, CSU handled Boise State University on its home floor (25-15, 25-17, 25-16) to improve their Mountain West record to 7-1.

“We were really good,” CSU coach Tom Hilbert said. “We just came out playing as high a quality as we could probably play, and I think it sort of demoralized Boise.”

The Rams were led by opposite hitter Dana Cranston, who led the team with 13.5 points, and middle blocker Tori Brummett, who had seven kills and attacked at a team-high .778.

Setter Deedra Foss was able to distribute the ball to all of CSU’s hitters, while notching 29 assists on the night.

“I thought it (Foss’ distribution) was really great,” Brummett said. “Not saying that she doesn’t do it often enough, but I mean her distributing the ball and making them work is kind of I think, how we have figured out how to win, by mixing up our offense.”

In addition to keeping the Boise State defense on its heels, the Rams were able to frustrate the Boise State attack, forcing them into 24 errors and a .092 hitting percentage on the match.

“We came out blocking well,” Hilbert said. “(Boise was)really swinging hard and high, and those balls were going out of bounds.”

Since the disappointing loss at the University of Wyoming two weeks ago, the Rams have refused to allow anyone to compete with them.

The Rams will look to continue their road dominance on Saturday when they head to Colorado Springs to face the Air Force Academy.

_Volleyball Beat Reporter Andrew Schaller can be reached at sports@collegian.com. _