Community Briefs 10/18/2011

Authors: Collegian Staff Report

CSU alumnus to discuss successful bike company

Jacob Castillo, a CSU alumnus, will be coming to CSU Tuesday night at 5 p.m. to discuss the trials and tribulations he went through to get Panda, his bicycle company, up and running.

During the event, he will discuss how the company came about and the importance of innovation and funding.

Later this month, the Panda Cycles will be featured on the Discovery Channel, where viewers will learn some of the secrets of the shop’s production.

Castillo’s discussion will take place in West Rockwell Hall, Room 213, and is sponsored by the Entrepreneurship Club.

Veterans to meet with Microsoft

CSU student and alumni military and veterans will have the opportunity to meet Microsoft recruiters Tuesday evening to learn more about careers for the military in Microsoft.

Two presentations will be shared, including “Secrets to a Successful Military to Civilian Transformation” and “Microsoft We Still Serve”, as well as networking opportunities with recruiters.

The event, co-sponsored by the College of Business and the CSU Career Center, starts at 5 p.m. in the Bohemian Auditorium. Food will be served.

Bookstore looking for duct tape entries

Students with a gift for duct-tape oriented creations can utilize their talents by submitting their object, art or fashion pieces for an all-day display of their work in the CSU Bookstore.

Entrants must use Duck Tape brand duct-tape, and have their creations delivered to the bookstore by 10 a.m. on Nov. 4. Prizes will be awarded to the fourth through first place winners.

More information is available on bookstore.colostate.edu.

Info session for those interested in public health

For those interested in the fields of public health, the Master of Public Health degree or the Colorado School of Health MPH program can attend an information session on Tuesday at 4 p.m.

The session will include a presentation on academic options in studying public health, as well as presentations from students who have participated in the programs.

The session will take place in the tutoring room on the first floor of Gibbons Hall.