Community Briefs 10/06/11

Authors: Collegian Staff Report

Canstruction on the Plaza

The 25th annual Cans Around the Oval, Larimer County’s largest single-day food drive, is putting on one of its traditional events, Canstruction, today on the Plaza from 10 a.m to 2 p.m.

Canstruction is an event in which participants build different structures using canned food items that were donated for Cans Around the Oval.

The participants will have three hours to create their sculptures, and the group that builds the most unique creation will be awarded points toward the overall Cans Around the Oval competition.

Canstruction is sponsored by the Office of Student Leadership, Involvement and Community Engagement.

Ramskeller Bingo

The Association for Student Activity Programming, ASAP, is putting on a bingo event at the Ramskeller today from 3 to 5 p.m.

The event is free, and those who attend can order food from the Ramskeller for half the original price.

Participants who win bingo will receive prizes, such as gift cards to local restaurants, to the CSU Bookstore, a massage from the CSU Rec. Center and tickets to a haunted house.

ASAP will put on a bingo event at the Ramskeller in November and December, as well.

According to ASAP, “This isn’t your grandmother’s weekly Bingo tournament.”

“Controlled Chaos” at Budweiser Events Center

Jeff Dunham, an American ventriloquist and stand-up comedian, has made appearances on the “Late Show with David Letterman,” “Comedy Central Presents,” “The Tonight Show” and “Sonny With a Chance.”

Tonight at 7:30 p.m. he is coming to the Budweiser Events Center as part of his “Controlled Chaos” tour. Tickets are on sale at the Campus Box Office.

At Dunham’s show, the audience will meet two new characters: Achmed Junior, the son of Dunham’s Achmed the Dead Terrorist, and Little Jeff, a character inspired by Dunham himself.

Campus Activities is sponsoring the event.