Authors: Collegian Editorial Board

There are a lot of rites of passage in a person’s college career. And, as a CSU Ram, that includes attending the famed Rocky Mountain Showdown, when our bitter rivalry with CU-Boulder comes to a head.

And while CU has dominated us 60-20-2 since the first match up in 1893, it’s nonetheless important to go out there and show some pride and faith in our beloved Rams.

In the fall sports preview last week, Sports Editor Cris Tiller said that, despite his hopes, he doesn’t see CSU winning this one. But does winning really matter? There’s no point in even calling yourself a fan if you don’t go to a game just because the team “might” lose.

It’s those times, those off-chances and rare wins that should really be celebrated and savored. Just because we haven’t won every time, doesn’t mean we haven’t in the past or that we can’t in the future. It just means that our team needs us on the sidelines more than ever.

Remember, two years ago we beat the Buffs 23-17 on their own field. And we bet the people who attended wouldn’t trade that experience for anything.

With one day left to purchase a student ticket for $25, we here at the Collegian encourage all students to do it, to go down to Denver, don your green and gold, be a good sport and have a good time.

Be a part of the showdown because, who knows? Maybe next week the record will read: 60-21-2. And you can say you were there to see it happen.