Authors: Kevin Lytle

Two CSU football players were among those arrested Saturday during a pool party at the Campus Crossings at Ram’s Pointe apartment complex.

Starting middle linebacker James Skelton and reserve defensive tackle Zach Tiedgen were two of the four arrestees from the party that were identified Monday by Fort Collins Police.

The other two men arrested were Daniel Rosselot, 20, for third-degree assault and Dillon Lawerence, 20, for interfering with a police officer.

At his weekly press conference, head coach Steve Fairchild commented on the arrests.

“I’m aware of the incident. I’ve looked into it, we are looking into it and will comment further we know more,” Fairchild said.

Skelton, a junior with 58 career tackles, was cited for third-degree assault. Tiedgen, also a junior who has 24 career tackles, was cited for disorderly conduct.

Fairchild refused to comment on what disciplinary action might be taken against the players or when that decision might be made.

“I’ll comment more when we get all the details,” Fairchild said when asked about possible suspensions.

The Rams open the season Saturday in Albuquerque, N.M. against the University of New Mexico.

Skelton and Tiedgen were both expected to practice Monday but were unavailable for comment.

Assistant Sports Editor Kevin Lytle can be reached at sports@collegian.com.