Authors: Jesse Benn

The regular school year is coming to an end, but life on campus goes on. From the Ramskeller to the newly renovated CSU student Recreation Center, anyone suffering from campus withdrawals after finishing their finals will still be able to find something to do at CSU.

“The Skeller is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. this summer on the university schedule, so we will be closed Memorial Day and the 4th of July,” Geoff Valdez, assistant director of retail operations in the Lory Student Center, said.

For those students looking to exercise more than just their drinking arm, check out one of this summer’s intramural sports, like golf and sand volleyball.

“We’d love to see some students playing golf this summer,” said Micah Walters, the coordinator of intramural sports. “In the past it’s been mostly faculty and staff so for me personally it’d be nice to have some students involved.”

He also said they are working to split the golf season up to accommodate students who may be traveling or taking classes for part of the summer. Currently some of the other leagues available, like sand volleyball, are broken up into two seasons.

“Season one starts the week after finals, so this Monday through Friday is the time to sign up,” Walters said.

Summer intramural leagues are open to students, faculty, staff and their spouses. To sign up a team for any of the leagues, stop by the intramural program window in the rec center or visit imleagues.com.

“Summer is the best time to play in one of the leagues for the first time,” Walters said. “Everything is a little more relaxed so it’s a good place to learn for sure.”

Anyone who just wants to keep in shape over the summer months can visit the rec center, which will remain open through the summer with shorter hours –– closing at 8 p.m. throughout the week.

For full-time students taking summer classes, the cost of membership to the rec center is included in their student-fees.

Those not taking classes during the summer have the option of purchasing a mid-May through mid-August pass for $90, a monthly pass for $35 or a daily pass for $5.

Summer hours for the Morgan Library will be posted after May 16.
The Hartshorn Health Center will remain open through the summer as well, however students not attending classes during the summer semester will need to pay the health fee or $134.90 in order to use their services.

Staff writer Jesse Benn can be reached at news@collegian.com.

Campus Summer Hours

• Lory Student Center –– No change in building hours for summer, individual locations have not posted summer hours yet according to the information desk.
  • Building hours –– Monday to Thursday 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday 6 a.m. to midnight; Sunday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
  • Library –– Summer hours will be posted after May 16.
  • Student Recreation Center –– Monday to Friday 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday Noon to 8 p.m. The pool opens when the building opens, and closes 30 minutes before the building closes each night.
  • *Hartshorn Health Center*–– Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.