The fun of CSU Greek Week

Authors: Sarah Banes

For the greeks at CSU, Greek Week is a time to participate in fun activities with members from different sororities and fraternities in a friendly and sometimes competitive environment.

The week kicked off with the Spirit Banner Competition –– an all-greek barbeque and a Red Bull chariot race on Sunday afternoon.

“The Red Bull Chariot Race was a new event for us, and it was very successful and entertaining,” Amy Schultz, the Pan-Hellenic and greek week advisor, said.

Monday afternoon the houses took part in greek olympics and tonight at 7:30 p.m. they have an opportunity to show off their skills in the popular Lip Sync activity.

“The Unity Stroll competition is amusing and the Lip Sync is always a favorite and very fun” Schultz said.

On Thursday, the greeks are partaking in Walk a Mile for Sexual Assault Awareness from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the CSU Plaza.
At 6:30 p.m., they move to the Drake Event Center in order to attend the Sexversations Program, an activity focused around providing students with answers to awkward questions with an entertaining and different approach.

There are no planned events on Friday and Saturday will be an all day celebration for CSUnity.

The greeks then close the week with a night-out awards ceremony at 5:30 p.m.

“Greek week is meant to be a gathering time for us to get together and share the sisterhood and brotherhood that comes along with being a greek,” Schultz said. “The best part for me is seeing everyone come together no matter their council or chapter.”

Staff writer Sarah Banes can be reached at news@collegian.com.