Authors: Collegian Editorial Board

A month ago, the Denver Nuggets said goodbye to Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups and what seemed to be any hopes of a postseason run this spring.

Oh, how the times have changed.

In return for our franchise player, the Nuggets landed Raymond Felton, Danilo Galinari, Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov. Since the new-look Nuggets have been assembled, both the team and fan base seem re-energized. The team has won 12 of 16 games since Melo left town, and the Pepsi Center is becoming one of the toughest venues in the league (the Nuggets are 8-0 at home since the trade).

Meanwhile, Melo and the Knicks have fallen flat on their faces with a record of 7-12 since the trade (including losses in each of the last six games).

We want to take this chance to enjoy this moment. You ditched out on us, Carmelo. And you got what you deserved. We wish you the worst.

This trade is proof that basketball is about more than how many all-stars your team has. Basketball is about a group of individuals and how well they come together to form a unit.

The Knicks may have Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire, but they lack the team concept essential for any champion to be born.

The Nuggets may not be championship material themselves, but they are a team worth cheering for. If they continue playing with the same energy and chemistry displayed in the first month, not many teams will want to see us come playoff time.