Community Briefs for 03/01

Authors: Collegian Staff

Talks on city solicitation ordinance delayed

City Council postponed their meeting today to discuss proposed changes to the current door-to-door solicitation ordinance to a later date.

A release said the postponement will provide more time to develop the administrative systems required to implement the change should the ordinance pass.
Current law bans commercial door-to-door residential solicitation. The proposed legislation would replace the current ban with a permit system regulating solicitation.

The date for the discussion has not yet been scheduled.

Sexual assault suspect arrested

Fort Collins police arrested 38-year-old Herbert Daily for the Feb. 8 sexual assault of a 20-year-old in her home in the 600 block of Remington Street.

Police made contact with Daily early Monday morning after an officer patrolling the 700 block of S. College Avenue stopped Daily for a bicycle violation and realized he matched the description of the sexual assault suspect, according to a press release.

Daily was transported to the Larimer County Detention Center on charges of possession of a controlled substance and sexual assault. He is a registered sex offender.
*
Treatment available for headaches*

The Spine Correction Center of the Rockies is offering new treatment for patients with headaches and migraines. The treatment involves restoring the normal spinal curvature caused by postures used during computer use, reading and writing, according to a release.

The first appointment consists of giving a thorough medical history and a description of the duration and frequency of their headaches. The patient will be given a consultation with a doctor.

April Cardwell, a doctor at the center, said it takes 3 to 6 visits before relief is evident.

New Restaurant and Bar opening today

Taps Sports Bar & Grill, a new restaurant and bar, is opening today. The bar has 40 beers on tap and serves a variety of food, including beer infused pizza dough.

The owner, Mark Spring, is a recent CSU graduate. Taps is located at 165 Boardwalk Drive and occupies the space that used to be Sports Casters.
The bar is open seven days a week for lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Happy hour specials are offered Monday through Friday from 4 to 6 p.m.

— Collegian Staff Report