Community Briefs for 02/28

Authors: Collegian Staff Report

Become a “Budget Insider”

Get an inside look at CSU’s budget situation at the public “CSU Budget Insider” educational session today.

The interactive meeting, which takes place from 2 to 3:30 p.m. in the Cherokee Park Ballroom in the Lory Student Center, is designed to give interested individuals a comprehensive overview of the university’s budget process, including a look at the state budget and its impact on higher education, according to a press release.

The event, which replaces the former Budget 101 sessions of the last two years, will include an updated look at CSU’s planned budget for next year.

Provost and Executive Vice President Rick Miranda and Associate Vice President for Finance Lynn Johnson will present financial information and help the session’s attendees understand the budget and budget process.

The event is free and open to the public.

Drop some pounds

CSU is looking for individuals who want to lose some weight.

Anyone between the ages of 18 to 60 who wants to drop some extra pounds can participate in a free food portion control program. The project will test the effect of the program on participants’ dietary intake and body weight.

The program is open to the public and signing up gets participants a free pass.

They also get to keep some of the measuring tools at the end of the 12-week program.

Interested individuals should sign up by calling (970)-491-8615. The program is run out of 114 Gifford Building, 502 West Lake St.