Ludacris, meet Moby Arena

Authors: Matt Miller

Tonight, Moby Arena will be filled to capacity as Grammy Award winner, rapper and actor Ludacris rolls into town.
Tickets for the concert were free for students, and after becoming available on Nov. 6, sold out five days later.

“I’m really excited with how the past week has been,” said Loren Martinez, the Concert Coordinator for the Association for Student Activity Programming.

The Air Force Reserve teamed up with ASAP in order to bring awareness to programs that they offer. They are paying the fee of bringing Ludacris to CSU.

ASAP is paying for the venue, the lighting and sound production, staging, security, ticketing fee and operations.
Its spending goal for the concert was $45,000 that came from student fees, and Martinez said they are on track to meet that goal.

The event will have the same production and volunteers as last year’s big concert.

“There is a lot of experience going into this concert,” Martinez said. “We expect it to go pretty well.”

ASAP also offered 10 students to get a chance to receive VIP passes to take a picture with Ludacris.

They announced on Facebook Monday that students could either make a video or make artwork explaining why they want to meet Ludacris. They had 10 students make a video and more than 20 submit artwork.

The Air Force Reserve has also done extra work to promote the concert.

Today they were on the Lory Student Center Plaza giving out a few remaining floor tickets and Ludacris T-shirts.

Doors open at 6 p.m. and the concert starts at 7:30 p.m. There is no opener, so Ludacris will perform at 7:30 p.m.

Entertainment Editor Matt Miller can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com.