Authors: Kirsten Silveira

Editor’s Note: Check the Collegian tomorrow for more coverage of Justice For All’s visit to campus.

Today, the Justice For All group comes to campus toting 18-foot anti-abortion posters, and about 200 students are expected to be waiting when they arrive.

“We need to do something,” said Lexy Hall, who is one of three women planning today’s pro-choice response to the campus visitors. “These folks come to campus every year, and we need to voice our views the same way they do.”

When Hall heard about Justice For All returning to campus, she started a Facebook event inviting CSU students to join a counter-demonstration. As of Monday afternoon, the group has grown to 127 confirmed attendees, 99 maybes and 491 awaiting responses.

“We completely respect their ability to practice free speech, but the audacity of their message is intrusive,” Hall said. “There are two sides of the issue and just having their voice on campus doesn’t show that.”

Justice For All is based in Wichita, Kan. and aims to “to train thousands to make abortion unthinkable for millions, one person at a time,” according to the organization’s website.

The group travels across the country visiting college campuses and displaying photos of what a fetus looks like post-abortion, arguing that “some injustices have to be seen if they are to be believed.”

The traveling posters that Justice For All displays have photos of aborted fetuses, still intact fetuses and information of the options for a woman with an unwanted pregnancy.

The group last visited campus in 2008. The Lory Student Center Plaza, where the demonstration will be held, is considered a free speech zone on campus.

Hall and other pro-choice advocates will be on the Plaza from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. today to talk with students about legislation and history surrounding abortion law.

News Editor Kirsten Silveira can be reached at news@collegian.com.