Community Briefs

Authors: Collegian Staff Report

15th Annual Fort Collins Cemetery Stroll this Saturday

Students can creep and crawl this Saturday for the 15th Annual Fort Collins Cemetery Stroll, which will feature the history of education in Larimer County.

The event will be held at Grandview Cemetery, and performances will begin promptly at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.

According to the Fort Collins website, advanced tickets are on sale at the Fort Collins Senior Center at 1200 Raintree Drive and Grandview Cemetery at 1900 West Mountain Street. Prices are $6 per person, $2 per student and children 5 and younger are free.

Award-winning author to speak in Public Library

Pam Houston, an award-winning author and Colorado native, will be speaking today at 7 p.m. at the Poudre River Public Library.

Houston, who has written several books, including “Cowboys Are My Weakness” and “Waltzing the Cat,” will be discussing and signing copies of her newest book, “Sight Hound.”

According to the Fort Collins website, “Sight Hound” is a love story between a woman and her dog, a wolfhound who teaches “his human” that love is stronger than fear.

Where: Poudre River Library District- Main Library, 201 Peterson St.
When: Today, 7-8 p.m.
Tickets can be picked up by calling 970-221-6380 or 970-484-7898.
*
New self-ID surveys implemented for CSU employees*

According to a news release, CSU’s Human Resource Services and the office of Equal Opportunity are conducting a new self-identification survey of all employees due to governmental changes in the collection and reporting of self identified data.

Due to the changes, many of the values employees provided to CSU are no longer valid.

To assist CSU in complying with the new changes governing self-identification, the university is inviting employees to voluntarily identify their race, ethnicity, disability status and veteran status.

Employees can access the survey by logging into cap.is.colostate.edu.