Grillin’ the Buffs

Authors: Jordyn Dahl

Student government has decided unanimously to declare war against rival CU-Boulder.

In a resolution passed at the Associated Students of CSU’s weekly meeting, the organization “officially authorize” Steve Fairchild to use force against the Buffaloes during the Rocky Mountain Showdown on Saturday.

To show its support for the Rams, ASCSU is putting on a pep rally to help students get pumped up for the biggest and first game of the Colorado football season.

The Lory Student Center Plaza this afternoon will be filled with students and other Ram fans showing their school spirit while eating free buffalo burgers.

Grill the Buffs has become a Ram tradition, according to Nate Fiedler, chief of staff of the Associated Students for Colorado State University.

“It’s one of those few events where CSU’s community collides on the Plaza,” Fiedler said.

Joining the display of student support and love for the CSU Rams is the football team’s coaches and captains.

ASCSU estimates that between 2,000 to 6,000 people will pass through the Plaza tomorrow afternoon, and the organization hopes that that number will continue to increase, said Beau Loendorf, director of ASCSU’s Student Services.

“It’s a tradition that we will keep for a while,” he said.

Grill the Buffs goes from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today.

ASCSU Beat Reporter Jordyn Dahl can be reached at news@collegian.com.

Grill the buffs

What: A student government pep rally to get students excited for the Rocky Mountain Showdown game Saturday between CSU and rival CU-Boulder.

Food: Free buffalo burgers will be cooked up

Where: The Lory Student Center Plaza

When: Today, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.