Authors: Collegian Editorial Board

It never ceases to amaze how generous CSU students can be. But today at 11 p.m. on the Lory Student Center Plaza, they will give a little more than just the shirts off their backs.
Our
They’ll donate their pants too.

And then, for some strange reason, they will start screaming and stampeding through campus in nothing but thongs and banana hammocks –– all in the name of helping out those affected by the earthquakes in Haiti and Chile. Oh, and running nearly butt naked through campus for the amusement of all.

We would like to encourage such interesting behavior, not because we like seeing the lovely ladies and macho men of CSU bouncing around campus in little else but their birthday suits. It’s because it’s for a good cause.

So as you awkwardly approach the thong-wearing throng, we ask that you don’t hesitate and keep reminding yourself that by enthusiastically relieving yourself of your least favorite shirts and sweats you’ll make somebody’s life easier.

Oh, and while we at the Collegian do not condone getting too into the Undie Run by getting completely naked, it would be highly amusing. Just make sure you can run faster than everybody else, including the CSU Police Department officers who will be monitoring all of the –– ahem ­­–– “festivities.”

Plus, don’t be so pale that you glow when you dive behind the bushes –– no pun intended ­­–– in a futile attempt to evade a front-page photo in the Collegian.It never ceases to amaze how generous CSU students can be. But today at 11 p.m. on the Lory Student Center Plaza, they will give a little more than just the shirts off their backs.

They’ll donate their pants too.

Plus, don’t be so pale that you glow when you dive behind the bushes –– no pun intended ­­–– in a futile attempt to evade a front-page photo in the Collegian.