Authors: Collegian Editorial Board

While not all athletic teams have been successful at CSU this year, one trend has remained in tact –– beating CU-Boulder. Whether it’s football, men’s and women’s basketball, golf or club soccer, the Rams beat the Buffs.

That trend has hopes of continuing Saturday as CSU lacrosse takes on CU at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City.

The state’s MLS team, the Colorado Rapids, makes space on their home pitch for the showdown between two of the Rocky Mountain Lacrosse Conference’s biggest rivals, and two of the top teams in the country.

Now is the time to support your school by cheering the Rams to yet another victory over CU.

CSU is ranked third in the country with a record of 10-0, while the Buffs are ranked 21st, struggling with a 2-4 mark.

It’s time for vengeance. Last season, the Buffs destroyed the Rams in the Rocky Mountain Lacrosse Showdown 11-4 (ouch). In the seven-year history of this event, 2009 was the only win for the Buffs. And CSU hopes to make it the last.

The Rams have five games left in the regular season, going for undefeated, and your support can help their cause. Why not spend Saturday in Denver?

The game starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are only $10. So make sure you support your school as they continue their quest to a national championship that, if won, would be the fifth in club history.