Always in our thoughts

Last week, the CSU community, Greek Life especially, was dealt a severe blow –– a slap in the face by the thought of our own mortality.

Like a punch to the gut, one of our own lives was quickly snuffed out. And too soon.

The death of 22-year-old senior Devon Arnold left many gasping for air. But his wonderful legacy will remain forever among those lucky enough to have know him.

Devon was a member of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity and participated in several community building and campus outreach programs.

He was on path to graduate as a mechanical engineer, and ATO Executive Director Wynn Smiley called Arnold a “really smart guy. One of those guys who stands out.”

He loved snowboarding, music and those Denver Nuggets, whose game he attended the night he went missing, before his death.

But most of all, Devon was genuinely a well-rounded, sweet human being who was deeply cared for by the many people whose lives he touched.

The CSU community bleeds with this loss. Our hearts hurt. But no amount of pain we feel compares to that of his loved ones.

So we’d like to offer our sincerest condolences to the Arnold family and to all of his many loved ones, for they are hit the hardest at this time of loss.

Devon, you will always be remembered.