Authors: Nic Turiciano

The Lory Student Center Main Ballroom will be transformed tonight from the room that often sits noiseless during the day into center stage for one of Denver’s emerging electronica bands, Breathe Carolina.

The band, comprised of Kyle Even and David Schmitt, will take the stage at 8 p.m. tonight to perform their unique blend of electronic-based music. The show is hosted by Campus Activities and is free for students.

“(CSU students) can expect to be dancing around and having a good time in the ballroom. … It’s going to be a very high momentum, loud concert. It’s going to be a lot of fun,” said Brooke Cunningham, concert coordinator for Campus Activities.

Cunningham said the concert committee, which is comprised of CSU students, became very excited at the prospect of Breathe Carolina playing because of their high-energy live show.

Sophomore English major Zach Seawalt agreed, saying, “I’ve seen them twice already, and they’re pretty sweet. They’re kind of unknown, which is fun. And they’re really fun to experience live.”

Breathe Carolina released their third album, “Hello Fascination,” in 2009, and is scheduled to play more than 90 dates throughout the United States this spring and summer. Also, they will be joining the Vans Warped Tour for its summer tour.

The concert is taking place earlier than had been expected due to Breathe Carolina’s upcoming tour, which begins on Feb. 9.

Local act DJ M/E, also known as sophomore interior design major Nelson English, will take the stage at 7:30 p.m. and play a mix of techno beats to ready the crowd.

The show will last until 9 p.m.

Staff writer Nic Turiciano can be reached at verve@collegian.com.