Students looking to give their say about who should perform at the CSU Spring Concert must do so via their RAMweb accounts by Friday at 5 p.m.

The concert, produced by student activity coordinators ASAP, will take into account the student voice, unlike last year’s Homecoming concert featuring Lupe Fiasco, which was decided by a committee.

Bands include Dropkick Murphys, Gym Class Heroes, Jack’s Mannequin, Jimmy Eat World, Pepper, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Rise Against, Shinedown, Silversun Pickups and Snow Patrol.

To vote, students must log into their own RAMweb accounts, and once logged in, click the small box with a guitar in the top right corner.

After the votes are tallied, ASAP will compile which band was voted for the most.

From there, ASAP Concert Coodinator Brooke Cunningham said, the organization will contact the bands through an agent to start negotiations.

Cunningham said the signing price varies if the band is on tour or if extra money needs to be spent to fly them to Fort Collins.

“If negotiations do not work out with the most voted for band, then negotiations will be held with the next band down,” Cunningham said.

ASAP’s budget for the concert is estimated at $40,000.

During the decision and negotiation process, everything will stay confidential and quiet until the contract is officially signed.

Cunningham estimates students will know who will perform around March. The concert is scheduled for April, which was moved from Homecoming due to its magnitude.

“The concert was pushed back because the concert is huge,” Cunningham said. “We wanted to have enough time to make sure everything was planned perfectly.”

Staff writer Louie Page can be reached at verve@collegian.com.