Authors: Collegian Staff Report

Facing a long off-season after a disappointing 3-9 2009 campaign, the CSU Rams football team could use some good news. It got it Tuesday.

Wide receiver Dion Morton and linebacker Mychal Sisson were named to the Mountain West’s all-conference team Tuesday afternoon, earning second-team honors. Morton’s all-conference selection was for his duties returning kicks.

Sisson, a sophomore, led the Rams in tackles this season with 91 total, 51 solo, adding six sacks and a forced fumble. This is the second straight season the Texas native has earned post-season honors, making the freshman All-American team in 2008 while garnering a conference honorable mention.

Morton, a senior, finished his career with the Rams on a good note, posting 443 yards receiving and four touchdowns, averaging 26.8 yards per catch. The California native also threw for a pair of touchdowns and played a critical role for CSU’s special teams, returning 35 kickoffs for 862 yards, both CSU single season records.

In addition to the second-team honors, CSU had five seniors receive honorable mention accolades, including cornerback Nick Oppenneer and offensive linemen Shelly Smith, Tim Walter, Cole Pemberton and Adrian Martinez. All four linemen are expected to be in NFL camps this summer.