Authors: Collegian Editorial Board

In an effort to show Fort Collins’ City Council exactly how much students are worth to the city, the Associated Students of CSU are hosting an official “one night boycott” of Old Town.

168 million, named to represent the $168 million students spend annually in Fort Collins according to a study conducted by the office of CSU President Tony Frank, is an amount that the city cannot risk losing if our demographic were to suddenly disappear.

Because students are a vital part of the city’s economy, the student body cannot allow City Council to continuously disregard us by placing our opinion of critical issues, such as 3-Unrelated, on the back shelf.

Next week marks the two-year comprehensive review of 3-Unrelated, also known as U 2, which is the city’s occupancy ordinance that prohibits more than three unrelated people from living together. With the review coming up, students need to come together now more than ever and show City Council that we are not to be taken lightly.

Tonight, just for one night, stay in or go to the Ramskeller and Lory Student Center Commons instead of going out in Old Town. One night may not make a significant dent, but it will at least show City Council that we care enough to take a stand.

And, if you do decide to go to the Ramskeller, which will extend its hours until 2 a.m., you can sign a petition or write letter to City Council telling them exactly how you feel about U 2.

Buck up, CSU. Time is running out to make your voice heard.