A small fire broke out in the Forestry Building Wednesday evening after a few blocks of wood, left overnight in a dryer, became hot and caught on fire, a university spokesperson confirmed.
There was no fire or water damage to the building, which is located south of the Oval, as the fire was contained within the dryer, spokesperson for CSU Dell Rae Moellenberg said. No one was injured.
There was heavy smoke left inside the building, Moellenberg said, and CSU’s Environmental Health Services will be working to clear the smoke. As a result, the building is closed — until about “6 a.m. or so tomorrow morning” she said.
Police officers have been posted around the building to keep it secure, and windows and doors are open as part of the process of clearing smoke.
Poudre Fire Authority responded to the scene after a fire alarm went off around 9:30 p.m.
News Managing Editor Madeline Novey can be reached at email@example.com.