Authors: Madeline Novey, Matt Minich

The male driver of a crotchrocket motorcycle died at about 3:24 a.m. Saturday at the Medical Center of the Rockies after his vehicle collided with a truck and burst into flames at the intersection of Raintree and Drake Streets.

The driver of the 1999 Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle Peter Hiltbrand, 27, most likely died as a result of multiple blunt force trauma Fort Collins Police Services Officer Drew Jurkofsky said Sunday morning.

The motorcycle was headed west on Drake when it collided with the front passenger wheel of the 1994 Chevy S10 Blazer driving north on Raintree.

The driver of the Blazer, Blake Eihausen, 22, was seen healthy and speaking with police. He sustained no injuries from the accident.

FCPS investigated the scene until approximately 11 p.m. Friday, determining where the vehicles were placed and looking for skid marks and other information to make a scale diagram of the accident scene. The accident reconstruction diagram, which Jurkofsky said could take a couple weeks to complete, will help officers to determine the rate of speed for both vehicles.

Several witnesses interviewed after the collision said Hiltbrand was speeding. Authorities have yet to determine who is at fault in the accident.

“We are still in the process of investigation,” Jurkofsky said, adding that no citations have been issued at this point in time.

Poudre Fire Authority workers responded to the accident and impending blaze at 6:02 p.m. Friday, shortly after the incident, officers on scene said.

The scene, located on Drake Street just west of Shields Street, was closed to traffic for about five hours.