Authors: Myers Stephen

CSU wide receiver Rashaun Greer hopes he found his lost hands.

After two dropped passes leading to interceptions and BYU scores last week against BYU, sending him to the bench, Greer also finds himself out of the starting line-up.

Head coach Steve Fairchild said this week Greer will not start Saturday’s game at Idaho, but he’ll be in the rotation.

“He’ll have a chance to bounce back pretty quickly,” Fairchild said.

Bouncing back is what the receiver plans on doing.

“Ain’t nobody in this world is perfect,” Greer said. “What makes you a better person is being able to bounce back and break walls and having a short memory and learning from your mistakes.”

Greer said he returned to the fundamentals of catching the ball in practice.

“I’ve liked his attitude this week,” Fairchild said.

Quarterback Grant Stucker doesn’t want Greer to change anything in his game.

“One thing that I wanted to look at is that he keeps doing what he’s doing and not change anything and not have a letdown on himself personally just because of a couple mistakes,” Stucker said.

Greer has caught 12 passes for 278 yards in four games this season. His 69.5 yards per game ranks fifth in the MWC, but he has been inconsistent thus far coming off his 1,114 yard season a year ago.

In addition to the two drops against BYU, Greer has dropped a number of other passes in the four games, including one against CU-Boulder which most likely would have been a touchdown.

Greer said he just needs to continue playing with confidence —- something his teammates have in him.

“Rashaun’s not a freshman that you need to try and pick up all the time and make sure his mind is right. I’ve talked to him just to make sure that he was doing OK,” Stucker said. “I think his head is fine.”

Fellow receiver Dion Morton said Greer was his “normal self” this week in practice, “making plays and catching the ball.”

“Sometimes you face that adversity and just got to step up and that kind of makes you a better man,” Morton said.

Greer admits it was tough to watch the BYU game from the sideline, but was happy for Tyson Liggett, who stepped in for Greer, responding with 11 catches for 156 yards.

“We knew we had a lot of depth. We knew we had a great receiving corps. I’m pleased with (Liggett),” Greer said.

Fairchild has not put any timetable for when Greer will return to the starting line-up, but the receiver is fine with any decision the coach makes.

“Coach’s job is to put the best people on the field,” the senior said. “I’m happy with his decision, whatever decision he makes.”

Football beat reporter Stephen Meyers can be reached at sports@collegian.com.