Authors: Rocky Mountain Collegian Editorial Board

At 11:30 a.m. today, it will be official.

Tony Frank and Joe Blake will be inaugurated as the 14th CSU President and sole chancellor of the CSU-System, respectively, today before the traditional University Fall Picnic on the Oval.

After the inauguration, the pair will give speeches on their visions for the future of the university, which includes their plan to bring in revenue as the dwindling Colorado budget for higher education continues to fall short.

With a daunting task ahead, Frank and Blake really have their work cut out for them. But they both are widely supported across the campus and greater communities and have already taken the initial strides to lead us in the right direction.

This ceremony marks a momentous event and the turn of a new leaf for CSU administration, yielding promises of greater transparency with the university community — a move that shows great philosophical leaps over Frank’s predecessor Larry Penley. Not only this, but they are also committed to a $500 million capital fundraising campaign that looks to bring in much-needed money for scholarships and programs within the university.

And that’s why we feel it’s important that all of you, CSU students, faculty and community members, to attend the ceremony and events today to show your support for our leaders. In order for them achieve to their goals, it is necessary for them to know that the university community is behind them.

So pack up that picnic blanket, take a seat on the freshly mowed grass of the Oval and get ready to hear what these gentlemen have to say, because this won’t be the last time you’ll hear from these two.